Chinese-Forums

虹巴伦: podcasts with transcripts

laurenth

Hello, I've just found a useful site which, it seems, has never been mentioned around here. It contains dozens (I think) of high-quality podcasts with transcripts. As I've just started poking around (and downloading), all I can say is that it seems to be geared towards popular science for kids, so intermediate learners might be interested.

It looks like the site hasn't been updated for over a year, so it could vanish any day. Certain podcasts have no transcript (or I couldn't find them) but there are plenty of stories for children and pop science podcasts to download (sound and text), so it's worth exploring.

The site: 虹巴伦

As an example, you will find here podcasts about the sense of smell, the ozone layer, our friends the trilobites and, ahem, the dunkleosteus! (do as I did: check Wikipedia. Ok, that particular podcast might be a bit too arid).

But instead of wandering aimlessly, let's explore the menus. "Yes" means that, in that section, there are podcasts with transcripts. "No" means that there's either text or, more often, sound, but not both (or I couldn't find them).

First menu item: 虹巴伦世界

Submenus:
* 生物饭店: yes
* 小水滴的故事: yes
美食实验室: no
消息树: no
* 虹巴伦的故事: yes
童趣实验室: no
探班虹巴伦: no

Second menu item: 奇趣童学馆

Submenus:
* 身边的植物课: yes
科学小侦探 no
* 数学家的故事: yes
二年级1班的数学博客 no
四年级1班的数学博客: no
* 学生美文: yes
* 四季的角度: yes
猫小财前传: no
* 热带雨林频道: yes
* 小宝小贝理财记: yes
论数: no

Third menu item: 故事绘本屋

Submenus:
* 玛蒂娜系列: yes
* 聪明豆: yes
* 听动物讲故事: yes
* 芝麻街: yes
绘本花园: no
* 小红帽智斗大灰狼: yes

Fourth menu item: 专栏专区

Submenus:
* 临渊专栏: yes
* 小学生时代专区: yes
未来科学家专区: no
探索财富专区: no
* 外研社专区: yes
* 环球探索专区: yes
* 环境魔方专区: yes
少年科学专区: no
海豚传媒专区: no

Fifth menu item: 虹巴伦漫游科学

Submenus:
* 科学松鼠会频道: yes (transcript available through external link, click on "阅读全文")
新发现杂志: no
果壳阅读频道: no
科学脱口秀: seems to point towards another podcast series "kexuetalkshow" that seems interesting but for which I haven't found transcripts after a cursory look.

Enjoy!

• Like 2