Chinese-Forums

Chen Kaige's new film - 無極

skylee

BTW, it seems that more and more Korean actors are taking part in Chinese films. I recall there was 金賢珠 in "少年阿虎", and now there is 張東健 in "無極", and also 金素妍 in "七劍", 池珍熙 in "如果.愛".

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The order of the actors at the ending credits -

Jang Dong-kun 張東健(Korean)

Sanada Hiroyuki 真田廣之(Japanese)

Cecilia Cheung 張柏芝(Hong Kong)

Nicholas Tse 謝霆鋒 (Hong Kong)

Compare them with those in another big one for the Christmas season - Perhaps Love (如果。愛)

Kaneshiro Takeshi 金城武 (Japanese/Taiwanese ... hard to say)

Zhou Xun 周迅(China)

Jackey Cheung 張學友 (Hong Kong)

Ji Jin-hee 池珍熙 (Korean)

Here's an 11 (yes, that is correct, ELEVEN) minute trailer. :)

"The 11 minute trailer screened six months ago in Cannes is now available from the server of Tiida.com.cn. Officially, this trailer is just a "coming soon", so it might has been an accident that the trailer got uploaded to the server so early.

Too much of the plot is given away in this trailer since it was originally cut for film distributors rather than the general public, so please consider this as a spoiler warning."

http://www.tiida.com.cn/tiida&thepromise/download/promise_L.zip

Youshen

• 1 month later...

我剛剛看完了這戲。

演員大抵都演得不錯。張東健的角色很可愛,謝霆鋒和劉燁也不差,真田廣之和張柏芝一般。

特技很假,令人失望。整齣戲給我怪怪的感覺。照理說,又有打鬥,又有特技,又有錯綜複雜的愛情,又色彩斑斕,應該很精采才對,可是我卻覺得有點沉悶。讓人納悶 ...... :-?

比較起來,我覺得"如果。愛"好看多了 ......

I saw the film again today. Having known what to expect, I found it much more enjoyable. That 'grotesgue' feeling has faded now that I know it is a fantasy film (like a third-class LOTR), not a wuxia film.

The acting is great. Jang Dong-kun is especially adorable. The colours are exuberant. The special effects are still wanting.

Talking about Jang Dong-kun, both times I heard some women gasp when his role Kunlun the slave puts on the crimson armour for the first time. Both times, this probably shows his popularity ... And I have been reminded of his performance at the end of the korean film "Chingu" (Friend), when he is stabbed like some 31 times (don't remember exactly how many times), and he tells the assassin to stop because those stabs are enough to kill him ...

Some funny comments. source

1、《霸王别姬》确实是陈谋杀一无名天才导演后抢来的。

2、陈凯歌确实是在嫉妒张艺谋。

3、像所有的悲惨的嫉妒者一样,无论张艺谋多烂,陈凯歌总比他差一点。

4、郭敬明确实证明了创作规律:抄袭,是没有前途的。

5、娱乐圈有献身精神的美女如云,陈凯歌单娶陈红,确实不是偶然。

6、陈凯歌爱装的大师言论,他自己确实也听不懂。

7、李安确实是华人第一导演。

8、中国观众确实被当成了凯子。

9、不亏死《无极》投资人,中国电影确实会被虚火烧坏脑子。

10、《无极》投资人准备用最后550万元入住哈医大二院。

• 2 weeks later...
7、李安确实是华人第一导演。

Not sure if this is true. Chen Kaige has made great films before.

I saw a trailer of Brokeback Mountain (called 斷背山 in HK) this morning and I just can't wait to see the film. BTW, in the trailer there was a scene where the dark-haired guy (can't remember his name yet) smelling Heath Ledger's clothes, and I think it is touching ... it has reminded me of this song ...