Chinese-Forums

A Harbin Native Speaker

Sherry Lee

You shouldn't say teacher then. I know that in Chinese educational institutions, everyone is addressed as 老师, including the cleaner and his dog, but you will create misunderstanding if you say that in English.

• Like 2

I don't think anonymoose was trying to say you are not a "real" teacher, but just pointing out that, in English, we don't refer to school staff with terms of address usually reserved just for teachers.

There seems to be a lot of new members heading north to places like Harbin recently (you should take a look at the thread called "Starting a new life..." ). You might be able to make some new friends, and even help them to begin to study Chinese. You might just turn out to be a "real" teacher, after all. 

• Like 1

Ooops, just looked at the "Starting a new life thread" again. I haven't checked it for a week or so. Seems that some people are worried about your motives, with this little set of exchanges as the reason.

Just remember that the people on this forum are here to study Chinese, so if you are here just to improve your English, there are some who may not like that. If you're willing to fairly help others with their Chinese in return for a chance to improve your English, that should be fine. Just make your goals clear at the start.

Hi,everybody. Of course, I would like to help you improve your Chinese, then I can improve my English, maybe we can exchange. In fact, I only want to make friends from the world, then help you resolve problems about Harbin, don't have other goals. I don't know why so many people here suspect me. If I take troubles for you, I will logout here.

• Like 1

Nobody wants you to log out. We are trying to make it easier for you to stay by helping you to avoid misunderstandings.

Please don't log out. Wait a little bit more for some response from those in or going to Harbin. 

• Like 1