Chinese-Forums

Chinese photographer criticized - but honestly, I think the photos are hilarious

TSkillet

I feel bad for the guy in the picture. Aside from the physical pain he must have been quite embarrassed. I suppose the photographer does have a point, but the pictures seem exploitative. Couldn't he have just shown them to the government without posting them in the newspaper?

Initially when I saw this thread I thought it might have related to media censorship in China. But once I saw the photos I saw that the situation in this example is a universal one. It's a long-raging ethical debate about whether journalists should simply observe or whether they should take action in cases where the problem is very clear.

Looks quite painful :-/ If I were that man I would be very angry at the photographer for not warning me.

But at the same time, a picture like this is more likely to get the government to do something about it. You can tell the ganbu someone is going to break his/her neck over that hole, but it's more convincing if you show pictures like this. I just hope something is going to be done about the hole, then the man didn't fall for nothing.

Looks quite painful :-/ If I were that man I would be very angry at the photographer for not warning me.

But at the same time' date=' a picture like this is more likely to get the government to do something about it. You can tell the ganbu someone is going to break his/her neck over that hole, but it's more convincing if you show pictures like this. I just hope something is going to be done about the hole, then the man didn't fall for nothing.[/quote']

True. It's a shame that there needs to be a sacrificial lamb for something like this to be taken care of. However, I do understand that a picture is worth... well, you know.