Chinese-Forums

Pleco and noun adjectiv ex...?

yedafu

Adsotrans does indeed have this function and is indeed free, but I wouldn't recommend it too much - a lot of the entries are unreliable, especially the parts of speech that are listed. An example chosen completely at random: “侥幸 jiǎoxìng <NOUN> luckily”. Well, being a noun and meaning “luckily” are mutually exclusive, and from the example sentences in the PLC dictionary, it seems it's an adverb/adjective.

I'd recommend the Guifan, if you don't mind it being Chinese-Chinese. I haven't purchased the ABC, but it gets good reviews.

• Like 1

Well i downloaded the ABC demo(the xiandai hanyu i have in 纸质) version and it super usefull, i want to buy it (the ABC)but i dont know if i will bout it in my cellphone can i use it on other devices(like ipad) or i will need to purchase it again for each device(its a little pricy).

thanks for the help,

Varies depending on how you purchase it:

iOS: all of the devices that connect to your iTunes account, plus up to three Android devices

Android (Google Play): all of the Android devices that connect to your Google Play account

Android (Amazon): all of the Android devices that connect to your Amazon AppStore account

Android (Pleco store): up to three Android devices (don't have to connect to any particular account)

The three device limit is at a time, not lifetime. (so replacing a device doesn't count against your limit)

iOS licenses can be used on Android, but Android licenses can't be used on iOS, so if you want to use it on both platforms you need to buy it on iOS. However, in most cases we're able to offer refunds to Android buyers who subsequently change their minds and switch to iOS.

• Like 1

Android (Google Play): all of the Android devices that connect to your Google Play account

Has it changed?

I paid for pleco years ago for my windows phone, when I went android I was told I could only have one license for my new android device. I have now got a phone and tablet on android. I put the free version on the phone and my paid one on the tablet. Works okay.

Old Palm and Windows Mobile licenses are only good on one device, basically because the copyright licenses we were signing back then had us paying royalties based on the number of authorized devices rather than the number of users. (nobody anticipated that when tablet computing went mainstream it would be on blown-up smartphones rather than scaled-down computers)