Chinese-Forums

Chinese podcast/show with young speakers and transcripts to practice listening and speaking

mrkylelong

• New Members

Hello all,

I'm looking for a program to practice listening and speaking.  I've heard 锵锵三人行 mentioned a lot on this site and I've tried watching a few episodes and I don't find it that interesting.  Maybe I'm not watching the right ones?  Also, the speakers seem to be a little older.  I'm 25 and they look to be my parents age.  I'd like to have a language model that suits my age and is more like people I talk to.  I live in China and most of the people I speak Chinese to are in their 20s.

Can you recommend anything?  I've tried looking on 优听 and I've found some good stuff but I can't figure out how to search for transcripts.

I use the mimicking method I've seen talked about on this site where you put a piece of dialogue into Audacity, repeat it, and memorize it until you can say it like them.  I've done that with TV shows and movies but I'd like to get a radio show with some natural speech instead of scripted speech.

I've searched on this site for a list of good podcasts or shows with transcripts but maybe I missed something?

Thanks for the help!  Love this site!

Glad you like the site, welcome!

You mention you've found some good stuff already - would be great if you can show us what that was, might be useful for other people.

Finding transcripts can be tricky - there's little reason for a podcast produced for native speakers to include them, and it's a fair bit of work.