Chinese-Forums

Cantonese language online and offline resources

atitarev

Thanks very much for your help, Quest, but I have different screens from yours! In the setup menu not all characters are displayed correctly.

Also, I couldn't get to display the GE (possesion) and DEI (plural suffix) characters we talked about.

Not sure what else to try. Do you have a Western or Chinese Windows? I believe I have full support of Chinese characters on my Windows XP Pro machine. They are displayed correctly in my IE 6.0 browser and I can paste them into MS Word. Can you describe your system (Windows version, regional settings)?

• 2 weeks later...

I have had similar problems to the one originally posted, but this discussion had inspired my to look deeper in Wenlin, which is my input method. I am finding that Wenlin seems to have at least the basic Cantonese-specific words and particles. The only issues are that I have to guess at the pinyin equivalent for the Cantonese character, which can be somewhat difficult at my level of ability, and that sometimes Wenlin does not give information about Cantonese specific meanings to confirm whether or not the character is the correct one for the particular use.

It works for me. Does your browser support ftp? :-?

Yes, I use some other sites. It doesn't support anonymous logons - do you use a logon there? Anyway, is there a Cantonese input software?

atitarev:

No, I don't have a log-in. It works for me using Mozilla Firefox, although I haven't been able to access it consistently today, for some reason.

And no, it doesn't have any Cantonese input software, sorry. There is some other input software on http://www.yueyu.net/yueyin/xiaz.htm - I found the link to the ftp://topyes.com site on www.yueyu.net - I'm not sure how good it is or whether it's already been reviewed on this thread though.

The ftp site is mainly listening and audio-visual materials which are on www.yueyu.net, but the links on www.yueyu.net seem to be broken, so it's best to go straight to the ftp site.

atitarev:

No' date=' I don't have a log-in. It works for me using Mozilla Firefox, although I haven't been able to access it consistently today, for some reason.

And no, it doesn't have any Cantonese input software, sorry. There is some other input software on [url']http://www.yueyu.net/yueyin/xiaz.htm[/url] - I found the link to the ftp://topyes.com site on www.yueyu.net - I'm not sure how good it is or whether it's already been reviewed on this thread though.

The ftp site is mainly listening and audio-visual materials which are on www.yueyu.net, but the links on www.yueyu.net seem to be broken, so it's best to go straight to the ftp site.

Thanks, I'll try Yue2k download.

• 1 year later...