Chinese-Forums

Chinese Cinema Challenge, who's in ?

LaFleurOrange

Hello!

Some years ago, as I was an exchange student I took a class on Chinese Cinema, and a whole new world opened to me. Unfortunately, I did not manage to watch all of the fascinating gems I promised myself I would :(

This is why I'm looking for some cinema and Chinese culture lovers to embark on this adventure with me. It would start with the 5 generations in Chinese Cinema in a span of 5 weeks (1 generation per week) and then we could explore afterward (if you'd like), some alternative/underground Chinese cinema.

So who's in ? I have some ideas in mind as how we could start! I would love to have motivated fellows to go on this amazing journey of masterpieces with!

Cheers!

• Like 2

I'll be happy to see recommendations, not sure if I can find the actual movies at the right time.

Have you checked the 'What's the last Chinese film you watched' thread? Lots of good movies and some commentary there.

Like Lu, I'm potentially interested, but can't make any promises.

I'm going through some classic movies with my better half, but it's heavy on European and US cinema at the moment. No reason why we couldn't add some Chinese classics.

• 2 weeks later...