Chinese-Forums

Police officer English speaking ?

aihaike

Hey,

I'm just wondering, is there any way to get to talk to a police officer in English?

Is there a special department for English speaking people to go?

Thank you,

Éric.

If you walk into any Shanghai city-center police station and say you need to speak to someone in English, I'd reckon they'd find someone fairly quickly, or at least tell you when to come back. I can also see reference to an English-speaking hotline at 6357 6666 , but it may just be for visas - worth a try though. 

If you tell us what the actual problem is someone might be able to offer more specific advice. 

I'm just wondering, is there any way to get to talk to a police officer in English?

Not sure where you are or what is the issue, One approach, in the more touristy area's, is to go to the tourist police. The other approach is just walk into any police station. If no-one speaks English they'll most likely call one who does or call a translation service. A third approach mainly suitable if you have a really serious issue or see no other way out is contact your Embassy and they will help you to get in touch with the right people.

• Like 1