Chinese-Forums

Custom gifs/stickers in Wechat

ChTTay

Hello there!

I have been looking at adding my own stickers/emotions into Wechat. I know how to do this in theory and the method was confirmed when looking at this guide. I also used the link given in that article to re-size the gif.

However, when I add the GIF image to wechat in my phone, then save it as a custom sticker, it doesn't move. It just shows the first image of the gif.

I am using an iPhone which doesn't seem to support gifs in it's picture viewer. Could this be the reason? The saved gif will work when viewed in a web viewer or a cloud storage app (Weiyun).

Anyone here add their own stuff to wechat stickers? Have you had this problem?

Thanks!

If I try to open that link my virus protection goes nuts and won't let me open the page. Was trying to see how to do it too.

Is there some sort of malware going on that's actually interfering with the process especially as you used the resize link too?

I know nothing of these things, so I may be talking a whole load of twaddle. :)

The website is just a guide so, even if it was malware-y, then it wouldn't affect making gifs. I think your virus protection might just do that as it's a Chinese site, maybe it has a lot of horrible ads on it. It may also be a malicious site but I went on it without any obvious problems!! 

As for resizing, after I've reduced it, the gif works as a gif should on my laptop and when opened in my cloud service on my iPhone. For that reason, I don't believe it's a problem with resizing the gif.

I'll keep playing around.