Chinese-forums.com
Learn Chinese in China

• Why you should look around

Since 2003, Chinese-forums.com has been helping people learn Chinese faster and get to China sooner. Our members can recommend beginner textbooks, help you out with obscure classical vocabulary, and tell you where to get the best street food in Xi'an. And we're friendly about it too. 

Have a look at what's going on, or search for something specific. We hope you'll join us. 
trisha2766

Can anyone help me set up a QQ account? Says my phone number is invalid

trisha2766

I'm trying to set it up from here: http://reg.imqq.com/ and I can get as far as a user name and password but then it says I need to give them my cell phone number, which I do but then get a message saying the number isn't valid.

Any ideas?  Anyone else have this problem?

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

trisha2766

Sorry, first time link didn't paste right, replied with the link then saw I could edit my first post.  But now I don't think I can delete this one.

ChTTay

No idea about whats going on with your mobile number...

but why not try signing up for a QQ number using the Chinese site - with English interface. I assume you could use that QQ number on any QQ related software or thing.

http://zc.qq.com/en/index.html?type=1&ptlang=1033

msittig

Maybe you could post the phone number with the last four digits ****'ed out, and then edit the whole thing away when your problem is solved. It may be that the format of the phone number is not correct.

Navi

You dont have to register using a telephone.

E-mail is also an option available here.

CH09

If you have a problem with the phone number, you can simply have another phone number from http://www.k7.net/ to verify your account. 

bigboy

how on earth do you use your email to sign up?? I know this thread is old as fuck buti will not be able to play otherwise, since it just says that my verifacation email wont send to them

At least for Wechat you now need a phone number, and when registering you have to send a text back from that number,, so you can't use one of those "public" numbers any longer.  All part of the movement to block out anonymous web activity (mobile phone numbers have to be registered in China).

Emiretus

Am also having same issues creating an account too can any one in China help me out please