Chinese-Forums

Looking for volunteers for Oral Proficiency Interviews (Free OPI practice)

yiyepp

I'm applying for being an ACTFL OPI (Oral Proficiency Interview) tester. I am looking for 5-6 Chinese learner to have interviews in Chinese. If you have learned Chinese for about 0.5-3 years, you are curious about your Chinese level, or you want to practice your Chinese listening and speaking skills, please email me:

to set up a time for the OPI. It is a Skype/ phone interview and will take 20-30 minutes. I can provide you with feedback after the interview. Thanks for your time! 

UPDATE:

Thanks again for all of you who volunteered to have the OPI with me. I'm glad that you found my feedback useful. I have finished this project for now, and I will post future project like this one here in the forum. 

I have shared this Graded Readers website with several Chinese learners. It's free and you can progress based on your own pacing. 

http://www.yes-chinese.com/reading/

Check it out!

• Like 1

Had my interview with Yi today.

As somebody living in China, I receive endless praise for being able to stutter a few utterances, so getting honest and helpful feedback like this is a rare opportunity.

Not only did Yi inform me of the areas where I could use some improvement, but she also pointed me to some useful resources. Thanks from me, too!

Had my interview with Yi today.

As somebody living in China, I receive endless praise for being able to stutter a few utterances, so getting honest and helpful feedback like this is a rare opportunity.

Not only did Yi inform me of the areas where I could use some improvement, but she also pointed me to some useful resources. Thanks from me, too!

I agree it was useful to get objective feedback. I did get a intermediate lower rating though I would describe myself as a fair beginner level. More vocabulary would help a lot. However, I do have other objectives as detailed in another thread.

Yi did point me to some useful resources so thanks for that!

I'm still looking for Chinese speakers at certain sub levels. We would not know it until we had the interview.

Please don't be shy and please set up an interview with me.

I'd love to provide you with feedback and resources to thank you for your participating.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I had my interview today. It was really challenging for me, but if there are still spots available, I'd recommend giving it a try. I got some useful feedback about some of my problem areas, as well as the promise of a link to some learning materials. She also gave me a fairly generous rating, which I suppose is better than being told that you suck haha.

Thanks again for your time Yi.

UPDATE:

Thanks again for all of you who volunteered to have the OPI with me. I'm glad that you found my feedback useful. I have finished this project for now, and I will post future project like this one here in the forum. 

I have shared this Graded Readers website with several Chinese learners. It's free and you can progress based on your own pacing. 

http://www.yes-chinese.com/reading/

Check it out!