Chinese-Forums

Can you tell Koreans/Japanese/Chinese apart?

Angelina

All look same follows are particularly pernicious strategy to obfuscate the ethnicity of the people shown on their site.

They choose the least typical members of an ethnicity or race, and then you get it wrong. IIRC there is a Japanese guy there that looks like a typical Filipino, and so on.

• Like 1

If you look at the babies they all look the same.

Given the number of official ethnic minorities in China, by Chinese do you mean Han? Most East Asian countries have old tribes/aborigines who look nothing like the vast majority of the populous.

• Like 1

Hank meets Kahn for the first time.

Hank Hill: So are you Chinese or Japanese? Kahn Souphanousinphone: I live in California last twenty year, but, ah... first come from Laos. Hank Hill: Huh? Kahn Souphanousinphone: Laos. We Laotian. Bill Dauterive: The ocean? What ocean? Kahn Souphanousinphone: We are Laotian--from Laos, stupid! It's a landlocked country in southeast Asia. It's between Vietnam and Thailand, OK? Population 4.7 million.

Hank ponders this for a few seconds.

Hank Hill: So are you Chinese or Japanese? Kahn Souphanousinphone: [groans] Hank Hill: He thinks just 'cause I'm from Texas that means I'm a redneck. Chinese people and their stupid stereotypes! Dale Gribble: They'll probably get you with a blow-dart; that's their way. But you'll just think its a mosquito bite until you die, then you'll know the truth. Kahn Souphanousinphone:: I could just stay home, order a bucket of chicken and watch Hee Haw; same thing [as going to the Hills' for dinner]. Hank Hill: You know Kahn, we may deny our kids completely different deserts, but they both go to bed hungry, and that's what really matters.

From King of the Hill, Season 1, Westie Side Story