Chinese-Forums

Metal

Guest Benjamin

why is it that the CD shops have a better alternative collection of music than the western world (ive only started thinking in terms of east and west since i came to china), yet every gentleman here likes bloody carpenters and other stuff.

the CD shops have boxes of radiohead, zep, machine head, megadeth, alice in chains, pumpkins stuff ive never seen before, neil young albums. yet no chinese people have ever heard of it.

The HDCD stuff is dodgy, glitches and stuff. but for 10-15 yuan you can pick up like 3 megadeth on 2CDs, its brilliant.

i picked up the Beatles 1, it had 3 CDs, first was one, the second was about 25 other beatles songs and the third disc had about 10 beatles songs and some other stuffe, maybe some chinese people pretending to be the beatles, only paid like 4 dollars (aus dollars) for like 3 CDs.

my point, well there isnt one really, just wanted to get a discussion going about music, real music i.e Beatles-Metallica and everything in between. Ill be pissed it people start talking about pop.

excuse a slightly pissy post. but 3 yuan pints at supermarket. class, pure class. drunk at Baolongcang.

[Welcome to the forums. Save the swearing for a situation that deserves it, like if the price of pints goes up or something. Roddy]