Chinese-Forums

Chinese-language search engines - apart from Baidu

tooironic

Are there any useful Chinese-language search engines apart from Baidu?

The only one I can think of is sohu.com, but I've never used it before. Does anyone have any experience with it? Is it more or less the same as Baidu?

Any others?

Thanks.

I always think of them as the Bings and Yahoos to Baidu's Google (not that Baidu is as good as Google, but it occupies the same position in the... ahem... artificially restricted Chinese market). Is there any reason for preferring them?

Don't ask me to name them, but there are search engines that aim at niche markets and are, for those niche markets, better then the large generalised search engines. Though I agree in the sense that I strongly prefer google search over others I hesitate to claim that google is the best. Apart from personal preferences, I strongly suspect that google results are biased to serve googles financial interests and worldviews. Likely the same is true for other search engines. Consequently I believe that for the best results one should use multiple search engines in the same way as that one should read several independent newspapers to get the best balanced all round view of news events. 

• Like 1