Chinese-Forums

Asking Chinese people about their age

chinesekitten

• 5 months later...
  • New Members

Actually, some people think ask age is rude and other people think it is ok.

I come from China so I know in China, most of women don't like people ask their age. For example, some women older than 25 years old don't like be asked their age, because they don't want to hear people say they are old. For these women age is a secret. Maybe some women like to answer your question about age in some casual environment or they can tell their best friends.

In other way, I think Chinese men don't care about their age,when people ask their age they always answer very quickly, because they think age is not very important in their life.

What about children? i think children and teenagers are willing to be asked their age. For instance, in school teachers can ask their age or at home some people like asking their age. Because of they are so young and so innocent,so they don't care their age, like men's feel.

To sum up different people have different ideas about age, not all the countries but in China, i think so.

• Like 1