Chinese-Forums

Where to buy Xiaomi Yi (action camera)

Ben2015

Hi everyone.

I am going to China soon (specifically Shanghai) and I wanted to buy the Xiaomi version of the gopro, called the 'Xiaomi Yi' (小蚁运动相机)

(see here: http://www.mi.com/yicamera/)

My question is whether there are physical store locations in Shanghai? Also do they only sell mobiles or do they carry this action camera as well?

Thanks for the help!

I don't know specifically about this camera, but there is a large electronics mall called 百脑汇 in Xujiahui. The mall is actually in two separate buildings. One part is attached to Metro City (a shopping centre, easily found right in the centre of Xujiahui) and the other is about a hundred metres down Caoxi Road (approximately opposite Xujiahui Cathedral).

These malls sell phones, cameras, computers and so on, so the camera you mention should be available there. By the way, don't accept the first price they give you. Bargain down and shop around to get a better deal.

Re: 百脑汇, I have no idea about the Shanghai one, but there's an electronics mall of the same name in Beijing (presumably affiliated), and it's worth staying alert for scams and ripoffs. There was one store in particular that asked me to come through to an office in the back, then tried to persuade me to hand over money for something before they would even show me the physical item (they showed me a picture instead). I told them "lol no, this is shady as hell" and left. That's not to say you shouldn't go bargain hunting there, just keep on the lookout for anything shifty.

Re: the camera, it looks like the Chinese product name is “小蚁”, and it's selling for around ¥400 on Taobao, so you might expect to pay a little more than that at a physical shop, but not a massive amount more.

Thanks for your responses!

What I was hoping for was however to buy it from an official Xiaomi shop in shanghai (and not online/in electronic market). I know they do exist (and I think there are Xiaomi shops in shanghai but not sure) but I don't know if the official shops only stock accessories or the actual devices themselves.

It's selling for 159 yuan on JD.com

Different product, that one's a webcam. I guess 小蚁 is actually a series rather than a specific product, the one in the OP is 小蚁运动相机.

Regarding 小米 outlets in Shanghai: