Chinese-Forums

Bo Xilai 薄熙來

skylee

He is the former mayar of Dalian City, Shandong Province. I think he get his name in 1997 when China football team fought for their ticket to 98 World Cup. Dalian is a famous city at that time because of its football. Bo Xilai as a mayar he support the game and gained the fame. At least I got his name at that time. And now maybe he has gone to Beijing the centeral govenment.

I like him. I knew his name by Tv when he was the mayor of Dalian, Liaoning prov several years ago.

He can speak English and it seems that is uncommon for the political officials at his age.

He had a cool layout of Dalian and turned Dalian into a beautiful city. Such as becautiful mounted policewomen .I hope I have a chance to visit this city.

Bo became the govenor of Liaoning then and now he is the minister of the Ministry of Commerce now.

Hmmm, I think he is charming comparing to other political officials of China, especically his manner, capability…

By the way, he is the son of薄一波who was one of the top political leaders in China. :roll::roll::roll:

He had a cool layout of Dalian and turned Dalian into a beautiful city. Such as becautiful mounted policewomen.

Dalian, indeed. I have heard so much about Dalian (some say it is one of the most beautiful cities in China, the others being Xiamen and Qingdao, IIRC ) that I think I might go there and take a look, probably in July.

He's in the media for the recent Sino-EU textile trade issues. I think it's still early to say he's good or bad. Besides some positive news on him, I heard some terrible stories about him as well. But, maybe those are just rumors made up by his enemies. I don't really care about his private life as long as he could do his job well. To correct RobinChase, Dalian is a Liaoning city. Shandong is where I was born. :)

05312.jpg

A picture of Dalian. This could be a old picture. I feel I saw it some years ago.

008.jpg