Chinese-Forums

Kunming, Chengdu, Jinan, etc Vs. Beijing, Shanghai

venture160

I am currently enrolled in CET's Harbin program(as tough as IUP) from June 2005 ( I am leaving in two weeks) till late december. In the event that i get bored or outgrow their program (i can see that happening.) I was considering going to their middlebury center in hangzhou, but it is academicly the same program, just a different city. anyways, if i get bored i was thinking about enrolling in a chinese university and taking direct classes on top of their language program, mabye a class or two in the afternoon. Would this be worth it? would I be able to progress at the same rate as I would through a IUP like program (CET). I would go to a city with less english speakers, that means anything but shanghai and beijing, most preferably something i n the south west.

i've done a little pro and con sheet, tell me what you think. O money is not a factor, thank you US gov scholarships!

CET

one-on-one classes

strict language pledge

chinese roommates

Other programs

more freedom

nicer cities

new and different curriculum