Chinese-Forums

Translation app with Pinyin support for Android devices

dave_the_rave

So the Google Translate has been blocked for a long time now (thanks GFW) it used to show translation with Characters as well as Pinyin which was really helpfull for a quick translation as I am still very newbie with Chinese characters. I have tried Baidu translate app but sadly it doesn't show pinyin. Is there any other translation app that shows the Characters as well as Pinyin? Please advice  :roll:  

P.S. I am talking about translation app not dictionary app. 

How are you going to use this? Do you have any knowledge of Chinese?

I know you say you don't want a dictionary, but if you want to point your device at Chinese text and have it translated in to English and pinyin, or copy and past text in to a translator with pinyin and definitions, and turn English into pinyin and characters you could try Pleco.

Some features are paid adddons, but you can try it out for free with the basic bundle.

This suggestion may be useless depending on what are trying to achieve, but I do know they have good support, and is china friendly so is available off the market.

As you can test it out for free it might be worth a look.

Pleco here https://www.pleco.com/

@Shelley

Thanks for your reply.

I have also used it including Bing Translator which also only shows chinese characters and bunch of others too that is why I have posted my question here. Its a big hassle to copy paste everything from one app to the other.

My character reading isn't good so in the daily situation I want a translator app that can translate from English to Chinese with Pinyin as well as character. Pinyin so I can read it and say it instantly for example in the shop or some emergency situation where just conveying a message is important and not learning and switching apps through copy paste. For example I can easily read this: Nǐ de yǔsǎn nòng shī ;) but not this 你的雨伞弄 even if press the speak button on the translator app it doesn't pronounce it so accurate through phone's speaker.

For example you can see here the google Translate app has translated English to Chinese in Characters as well as showing Pinyin: 

https://copy.com/gIFiVUPBMIXDjcZP

@Shelley

Thanks you tried to help. The Google Translate app works offline too but when it is offline it doesn't show the Pinyin as it needs internet connection to pull the pinyin in my case all the google's services are now blocked by GFW maps, translate etc... I am not trying to get political with it but this whole thing is really annoying as it was the number one tool for me to get around easily with a quick chinese speaking translation and sadly there is no other alternative that I can find as of yet.