Chinese-Forums

Hong Kong Z Visa/Invitation letter

jrn0118

• New Members

I am planning on going to China on an L visa in August and once there look for a teaching position in Nanjing.

However, I read in the Hong Kong visa topic that starting in March, you could no longer travel to Hong Kong to obtain a Z visa.  I was wondering if this rule is still in effect, and if so would it be possible to go to South Korea or any other nearby country to get the Z visa instead of flying all the way back to the US?

It seems that HK is no longer an option for what you're describing. Although a poster in the HK forum seems to suggest they are going for a Z visa there but haven't actually done so yet.

The school I work for no longer has HK as an option but I have heard there are some agents that can get it done. Who knows if that's true.

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think you can go to any nearby country to get a Z visa. In the past there were reports of Bangkok and Mongolia but I think those days are over.

If I were you I'd look for a teaching job from from home, get the right visa, then come to China. It makes little sense to come here, find the job, then fly back again to do the paperwork. It just seems like the most hassle free way to do it. The majority of people who come here to teach do so without ever visiting the school/place they are doing to work at.

I guess there's a chance you could find a school that says they can convert an L visa or that you can go to HK. Probably a bigger chance you can't though.

There are a few similar threads to this one that have been posted recently, not just the HK thread.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

yeah ,for hk way to get the z visa is possible ,one of my foreigner friends get it successs,but he working in shenzhen city ,do not know that if it is also possible for shanghai city or nanjing city !