Chinese-Forums

Best Way To Learn Real Chinese Throught Comedy Videos

cindyHuang

屌丝男士 - Loser Man (although the official English title is Diors Man)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOZbgMWgkY4 Part 1

I searched and didn't find any posts on this but would recommend it for intermediate learners.
It's Chinese comedy show that is done in a western skit format. Maybe it's just because I can understand it, but I do find it quite funny.

The comedian 大鹏 is somewhat similar to Mr Bean in this show, with a very humorous face, and lots of situations that poke fun at modern life in China which he muddles through. He produces short 1-2 minute skits on buying a car, giving up your seat to the elderly, massage parlors, fighting over paying the bill, dating, office situations, gangsters, etc.

The everyday situations and dialog (including relatively easy word-play, innuendo and swearing), modern setting and short scenes make the show pretty accessible to all. Sometimes you won't find the *actual* meaning of the words in a dictionary, but you'll figure it out from the joke most of the time.

please subscribe my channel for more update. thank you guys.  =*

:clap

Looks like it might be worth a look - I recognise the slightly 'larger' guy in the smelly feet sketch at the start from another northern sketch show some of my friends used to like watching, but I forget its name now... that one was recorded in front of a live studio audience.

One problem with this is the English subtitles appearing over the Chinese ones.  Here it is hosted on a Chinese site:

http://tv.sohu.com/s2012/diorsman/

(Also might be worth moving this to the television forum...)

• 3 weeks later...

I don't get the Mr Bean comparison, 大鹏 isn't silent.

It's an enjoyable show, whilst I don't get all the jokes, it is great to watch some original Chinese comedy. Half the fun of 爱情公寓 is guessing whose jokes they are stealing this scene.

• 2 weeks later...