Chinese-Forums

$10 of free stuff from Amazon.com if you agree to review something

roddy

Massive giveaway: I've got a $10 Amazon.com gift card which I don't need or want. You can have it if you tell me what you'll buy, why, and how you're going to come back and tell us all about it so hopefully other people will buy it. 

I'll wait a day or two, or until we've got a few responses, and then I'll decide who gets the card based on who's username I like best, who I think is most likely to do the 'come back and tell us' bit, and who's suggested the most interesting product. 

I was thinking of buying the chineasy flashcards, post cards and note books. I know a lot of people don't get on with Shaolan's way of doing things but I must admit to being drawn to her colourful pictures and stories. I don't think it is any worse than many other character remembrance methods there are out there.

I also like her enthusiasm and smiley face in her videos.

This link shows the items, one as the main item and the other two as frequently bought together items  http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0500420130/ref=s9_simh_gw_p14_d6_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=1RFVARQ7BA9B5WY6EX8W&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=577049067&pf_rd_i=desktop

Edit: (must read more carefully) didn't notice it was for $ and .com it may not be for me :wall

Just hit the jackpot with an archive. Only part is that it's all handwritten materials.

I've reviewed your post circa 2004 re: learning to read handwriting. I was thinking that Chinese Cursive Script book, but it's 30 bucks.

Anyway, would be a helpful review for scholars/researches dealing with handwritten materials. For a number of reasons these are great resources that provide windows into social and cultural history that mass-printed government documents do not.

I have one nephew and 4 nieces in the US. The oldest one is 5 years old. I've only met them once, but I read them bedtime stories and make funny faces at them on Skype. I would buy them Ni hao Kai Lan, Kai Lan's Great trip to China because I'm trying to persuade their parents to bring the kids to visit me in China sometime! Plus it would be fun to read over Skype and then I could teach them a few more words in Chinese!

The kids are in two families, so I'd buy two different copies of the book :)

http://www.amazon.com/Ni-Hao-Kai-Lan-Kai-Lans-Great/dp/B00274SITM/ref=pd_sim_14_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1MC8H6T82K4WM0RKS807

• Like 1

FYI: The first season of Ni Hao, Kai Lan is available for free for Amazon Prime members. Additional seasons/episodes are not too outrageous.

Great show. My son loves it, especially since he can understand it all. Haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for delay - Mouse, if you want to email me (admin@chinese-forums.com ) I'll forward you the voucher. You can report back on what the kids think, or get them to write a crayon review or something....