Chinese-Forums

how do i delete this forum

tattoo Lord

力 - strength, power,

量 - capacity for taking in food or drink

Power drinker?

Someone who can drink a lot and not fall over?

If it is the other way round 量力 it is estimate, measure one's strength.

Ok, since you posted multiple times about this, I'll assume you really really want Chinese characters.

Then I would advise getting a simple 力.

Easier for the tattoo artist to get it right, and it basically means what you want (power/strength).

If this doesn't suit you, you can have a look at the MDBG dictionary to see all the various possibilities.

• Like 1

@edelweis well I want gonna get a ribbon then have 力 on one side and 量 on the other side, but many people said "力量" would look stupid as a tattoo.

It would look like this tattoo but instead of those two Chinese symbols I would have "力量" in the exact same place as shown in the picture...like it or no?post-61914-0-84056200-1437334684_thumb.jpg

@tattoo Lord:

If it was for myself, I would have just a big 力 on top of the background image.

It's basic meaning is strength in all its forms. It's so simple and elegant. There's no need for anything more really :)

To someone who can read Chinese, 力量 may look odd, because it can be used for physical strength (like strength training / body building etc) or political power etc.

If you like it, why not. Most Western people can't read Chinese so they will be impressed anyway.