Chinese-Forums

HSK Study Apps

Coys1991

I am preparing for the HSK.  I have bought several books to help me with the tests, but what about apps?  What are some apps that are worth buying for?  I personally like Anki Deck, but any others people would recommend for me to try out?

Thanks!

hi Coys, 

I use one called Hello HSK, They have Hello HSK1 ... 2 ...3 4,  You can download a trial version and see what you think. $10 a month of $26 for 3 months. Its limited but kindof useful. 

Also the Grammar wiki is useful as it covers a lot of things like sentence patterns, adverb comparisons e.g. 本来 vs 原来

I put a lot of this into ANKI, not for SRS purposes, but more for an easier way of high level testing.

If I find any others , I'll let you know as I will be preparing for HSK4 soon

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

i didnt like anki or hello hsk, i just downloaded, bing-ed, pdf files of all hsk hanzi. tried memorizing them like that... ugh.... why are all hsk apps so wacky? I tried 2 diferent flashcard apps that just repeated the same sh 7 times, even after i correctly chose the right answers. I swiped 10 000 times for hanzi i knew!!!

anyway other apps to use?

chinese skill for basics
debo chinese blew my mind with fundamentals
hanping is super for checking hanzi
hsk magic for coversation and pronounciation
and pin1yin1-website is the best for translating new text, better than google-

If you don't already have the Pleco app on your phone then stop what you're doing right now and go and get it.

tofulearn is good (and free)

StickyStudy (iOS only) I like for its design. 

There are probably much more up-to-date threads here than this one (6 years old) for answering your question.

• Like 1