Chinese-Forums

Struggling to Make It "Home".

Aiden5

I'm in a tough spot right now. I plan on moving to and living in China in my future, but it seems as if I won't be able to make enough money for the final trip for Tsinghua University. I'm doing some long-term planning and it seems as if my IB courses (IB is a class that helps with more International studies) will be so rigorous that they'll take vital time away from my job, and cause me to generate less saving money than what I can be getting. I also need to take into account three short trips to China before I actually move there . Are there any suggestions out there? Please?

Why do you need three short trips before moving there ? If you don't have very serious things to do in China just do them when you move there.

Otherwise try to get scholarships, you could consider giving tutoring lessons when over in China to get some income.

Some good advice in this thread already. Other ideas:

Make less short trips to China.

Get a job lined up before you come to China and make the money once there (English teaching jobs are still easy to get, from what I gather).

Separate your responsibilities. I would prioritize your IB program. Make sure you're good enough to get scholarships or you'll have to pay for more than plane tickets. You can always work after you graduate, and you'll be able to earn money more quickly without school.

• Like 2

And don't be concerned that you'll miss the application window and have to wait another entire year - that might happen, but it just means you'll have another year of savings behind you, and will make your time in China that much less stressful, which will be a good thing.

• Like 1