Chinese-Forums

Chinese dance and theatre

helen

Hello there,

I find it a bit strange that there is no separate forum for the performing arts -- dance/theatre/opera have always been such a major part of Chinese Culture.

As general manager of one of Canada's only professional Chinese performing arts companies, I'd like to invite you all to visit our new website: www.littlepeargarden.com

The website is accessible in English, French, and simplified Chinese. It's meant to be a cyberspace extension of our company's mandate, which is to promote Chinese dance and theatre (opera) to diverse audiences -- particulary those who are unfamiliar with Chinese culture, including young Chinese people and those of different ethnicities.

We've got some videos scattered throughout our website and more are being posted every week. Please check it out and let me know what you think!

BTW, if you click enter the "EVENTS & WORKSHOPS" area of the site, and then click on "PRESS", you'll find an article that I wrote for an Asian-Canadian literary arts magazine based in Vancouver. It's more or less about my first collisions with Peking opera as a Canadian-born Chinese. I tried to attach it here but it's too large. Go check it out, I think it's pretty funny. Hope you enjoy it!