Chinese-Forums

Changing from tourist (L) visa to work visa (Z)

j.k.j.D.D.

Hello,

I found an opportunity to volunteer for a school a few hours each week in return for a work visa. If I go to Hong Kong to switch over to this, if I am unsuccessful in doing so, is there any possibility they will also cancel my existing 10 year tourist visa? I figured probably not, but just want to make sure. Thanks!

If you have real doubts about this work visa being granted I'd consider not going to HK just to 'try'. Seems like a long, expensive way to do something that might fail.

Can this school provide all the correct paperwork for the visa? If so, and you meet all the requirements for being a teacher in Chain, then you should be golden.

if your current visa change to working visa ,if the working visa not get it successfully ,then your current visa still vaild ,still can use .

if the working visa success to get it ,then your current visa will be not vaild ,the current visa will cancel ,and the working visa will make effect .

For working visa in hk as long as the paper and requirement is good ,then can get it success ,we have been helped india passport foreigners friends get the working visa finished in hk .we are in shenzhen to help them,hope this will be helpful to you ,thanks 

• Like 1

To apply for a China Z visa in HK, you need to bring two documents, one of which is the employment license (or foreign expert license) and Z visa notification letter. 

With the two necessary documents, you can get successfully a China Z visa. And at the same time, you 10-year tourist visa will be cancelled. 

Within 30 days of coming back, you need to apply the Alien Employment Permit (or Foreign Expert Permit) and 1-year Residence Permit for work, which needs to be renewed annually. 

For more details, please refer to http://www.cn-visa.com/beijing_work_visa_application.asp

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies. I have to leave the country every 60 days right now anyways, so might as well travel to Hong Kong a few times.

I am having an issue now with the criminal check authentication. I had one done before when I got a work visa a few years ago. This was a state police background check with a raised seal. Now the school suddenly told me I needed one done (they waited until the last minute to try to get my paperwork together). I got one done online (without a raised seal obviously), and the local police dept from the US faxed it to me. The only question I have is, could I get this authenticated any way from Hong Kong or China? Does anyone have experience doing this? I am also checking into getting an FBI check done, and whether or not that would still need additional authentication? There doesn't seem to be any clear answers I could find online regarding this.