Chinese-Forums

Transfering Visa (Resident Permit) into New Passport

Ampicillin

Hello Expats, 

I am a Student. I am going to Re-New my Passport cause validity is going to expire and it has left only 2 blank pages. So, My Question is Can I transfer my Resident Permit (I haven't applied yet. I am going to apply it in a week cause I just arrived China one week ago) from old passport to new passport? 

PS. I will get 3 years Resident Permit straight away cause I am a Scholarship student and here security bureau Charges about 800 RMB for 3 years Resident permit whereas 11 months resident permit they charge about 400 RMB so, If I am able to transfer my existing resident permit from old passport to new one I'd love to do that instead of again paying 800 RMB (Which my school won't pay for second time settlement) If so, How much do they charge for transferring resident permit into new passport? I think I have to do it withing 10 days. They have some kind of rule. Kindly guide me.

Thank you,

You may need to renew the passport first. Sometimes they won't give you a residence permit for a period significantly longer than the validity of your passport, but this varies from place to place. When I renewed my passport last time, there was no need to move the residence permit, just carry both old and new passports. You will need to do this anyway until you have both an entry and exit stamp in the new passport.