Chinese-Forums

Anyone use books.com.tw (博客來)?

mouse

I'm curious if anyone has used books.com.tw to buy books and ship them internationally. I know there are other options (taobao etc) but I want to buy a particular book published in Taiwan, so it makes sense to buy it relatively direct. I've heard they use DHL to ship abroad, but I'm not sure how up-to-date that information was. I found a page on their website for international shipping, but that was for bulk orders with a minimum of 50 items.

I bought three books about a two months ago, and it went very smoothly. They shipped them via DHL Express (I live in Germany, but that shouldn't make a difference). The books arrived after less than a week, I was pretty astonished. As for shipping, postage wasn't cheap, but not much different from other Chinese online bookstores.

I haven't used books.com.tw

But I have bought online from the Taiwanese bookstore 三民书局 a few years ago. They wouldn't deliver some history books to mainland China, but language and literature-related books were fine. Their prices and shopping rates are very reasonable.

See http://www.m.sanmin.com.tw/home/index/

I've had very good experiences buying from books.com.tw. Yes, they use DHL to ship, but it didn't take very long for the materials to make it across the ocean. My only recommendation if you're buying stuff from overseas is to buy at least $40-50 worth of stuff. I think that makes the shipping more worthwhile, at least in my mind.