Chinese-Forums

words for hairstyles

Lu

In the novella I'm translating, the main character is going to an old-fashioned barber to get his hair cut, or actually shaved off. For this section I'm looking for a few words.

光头 is 'bald', I know that.

平头: is this 'all hair cut very short', as google images seems to suggest? Or is it a crew cut, where the sides are short and the top is flat?

小平头: is this basically the same as 平头 or is it something different?

瓦片头: is it correct that this is the classic Chinese baby haircut, with one lock left on the forehead and the rest bald? (Incidentally I wonder if this is just a style or if there is a reason for it, practical or for (folk) religious reasons. It sure looks cute on Chinese babies.)

And just to make sure I understood it all correctly: how to say 'crew cut' (short on the sides, flat on top) in Chinese?

Thanks for any help!

Thank you! I finally returned to the chapter in question and found a good solution with the help of these links. So the hairdo in your avatar is also 小平头, right?