Chinese-Forums

Which TV series has soft subtitles?

Friday

I know that subs2srs can be used to make some Anki decks from some TV series for self study. This software extracts the audio and pictures from a DVD and matches each line of audio with the printed lines in a soft subtitle file, which must be obtained elsewhere.

So far, I've only been able to find Chinese soft subtitles to pair with the Chinese dubs of Japanese cartoons. This provides good listening practice. But because the characters are all cartoons with exaggerated voices, I found none really suitable for speaking practice or shadowing. The voices are not as extreme as Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck, but still not suitable. I need something with characters that have normal voices and clear tones.

Chinese subtitle files for Japanese cartoons are easy to find, because Chinese natives use these to watch the Japanese cartoons without the dubbing. I bought some interesting TV series, but can never find any soft subtitle files to match them. Is there any such series?

I've searched a long time but to no avail, the frustrating thing is that they must exist somewhere, but Chinese people just don't need them. The best bet is to buy knock-off dvds of western movies with mandarin 配音 and use handbrake to rip them and then subs2srs to cut them into cards. this is unfortunately quite time-consuming.

I've prepared around 600,000 chinese/english subtitle cards if that helps any. No audio, pictures or pinyin but still helpful for finding 地道口语 sentences for new words.

[UPDATED LINK]: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1btI_Q130atOge5ubwyySSWTrBSvgRfgW/view?usp=sharing

Edited by lukey296
Link update

I think 士兵突击 had them, if you can find them. On here we have transcripts for all or significant parts of 奋斗 and 武林外传, but those aren't time coded. We also have transcripts for a few movies ( Hero, Crouching Tiger...)

On mobile so won't provide links, but if you can't find anything ask...