Chinese-Forums

My 2-Year Journey to Mandarin Native Pronunciation (Part 4) - How I use Anki

David Ma

Update: I added my personal Anki deck for the 发展汉语 Developing Chinese series of textbooks. Not sure if something so specific will help anyone else but it only took a few minutes to add, so I thought "Why not?"

http://2years2native.blogspot.com/

-------------

This is my personal Anki deck for the "发展汉语 Developing Chinese" series of textbooks used in Chinese Universities. I started with the very first book and am currently at the first semester of Intermediate level. The vocabulary included here is only for the Comprehensive textbook.

I didn't comprehensively add every single word, only words that I don't know, unfamiliar grammar, or words that have characters I already know but want to review. The translations are usually pretty bad but I'm more interested in how well a card allows  me to recall the meaning of the specific word and not the overall sentence structure. As my Chinese improves I often come across an old card and take a few seconds to update it or just laugh/marvel at how far my Chinese has come :)

***The audio included in this deck is copyrighted. Please support the publishers by purchasing the companion texts before using this deck (I'm not sure it will be that useful otherwise).***

Well, hopefully someone benefits from this :D

Study well!

发展汉语 Developing Chinese Beginner-Intermediate Anki Deck

PS This deck currently ends at Intermediate Level I, Chapter 6. I will try to update this periodically if other people find it useful. Otherwise, leave a comment and I'll get my lazy donkey on it.

• 4 weeks later...

Re adding stroke order diagrams to anki. I achieve this by adding a hyperlink in my card template to the Pleco stroke diagrams. Example:

<a href="plecoapi://x-callback-url/s?q={{Character}}&mode=df&hw={{Character}}&sec=stroke">{{Stroke count}}画</a>

• Like 1

Steps:

1. Paste the HTML code into the "Back Template". There is no need to paste it into each note.

2. In the two places where it says '{{Character}}', replace 'Character' with the NAME OF THE FIELD in your anki deck that contains the characters.

• Like 1