Chinese-Forums

Looking for self-learning materials for kids.

Chunn

What I am looking for is a kind of self-learning CD for age 8-10 children who just start learning Mandarin as a second language, their first language is English. They have learnt about tones and some basic greeting, numbers, colours, simple self introduction.

I hope to find a CD for them to do some revise and make some progress during summer holiday.

:help

Just thinking about another question for you guys who live in China. I think there should be some international school in China that teach Mandarin as a second language for primary students (foreigners), I want to know what lessons book they used in those schools, if you know that, please recommend.

I live here in the states but I've checked out a few materials on betterchinese.com. They're specifically designed for children but I have a couple of the readers. They're much more amusing than your standard academic fare. If you click on the "E-Store" link it will take you to a list of items for sale, several of which are learning CDs. I get the impression they're very similar (if not the same) as the animated stories available on the website.