Chinese-Forums

Chinese input for a Beginner

Xiungyaliren

Hello Everybody,

I am from Hungary and recently I have taken the first steps into learning Mandarin, including a gradual mastery of the Chinese characters. My problem is not directly related to the language (I'm striving and thriving, most of the time, so far it has been a success...), but with getting and installing a software with which one can write Chinese characters in a HTML environment (for example, writing an email or sending IM). That would help me communicate in Chinese with native speakers online. I have heard that there are several such programs, but I am rather uninitiated, so any help from is welcome. Of course the problem is a rather long-term one, but the sooner it is solved the better. XIEXIE in advance! :)

Added a more helpful title and moved the post to Computing.

If you tell us what operating system you use we'll be able to help you - but the question has probably already been answered, you might want to do some searching.

Oh cool, you're from Hungary, I was there something like 20 years ago to visit relatives. A university student from Africa helped me figure out the bus and tram system, and his Hungarian was excellent.

I'd like to ask if there are many Chinese people in Hungary now? Do they come work or to study?

• 11 months later...