Chinese-Forums

Study of Chinese language in HANGZHOU

Katka

Hi,

There are a few places in Hangzhou to learn chinese. The ones i know of are Hangzhou Commerce Univeristy, Hangzhou teachers college, Zhejiang University. there are a couple more around too i think.

I studied in Hangzhou Commerce Uni for one semester. Overall it was ok, but could have been better. There wasnt any real pressure to do any work so some people just sat back and did very little work, and the rest of us had to slow down to keep them interested. This definitely pissed a few people off. Also you don't know beforehand if you're going to be in a class with asians or westerners. If there are too many westerners it can end up that a lot of english is being used in the class which isnt good. Class sizes here are quite good - about 10-15 students.

I have heard that the teachers college is quite good. mostly asian students so you're forced to speak more chinese.

From what I've heard to Zhejiang Uni the classes are quite big (25 students) and the move very fast so there's a lot of work to do if you want to keep up.

If i was going back to do another semester I'd go to the teachers college - class sizes are small and there arent too many english speaking students there.

hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...