Chinese-Forums

ICBC online payment

iminzhuhai

When everything is working right, that should show the name of your certificate.

There are a lot of reasons you may have problems. Here are a few:

1. Is the dongle turned on and plugged in? There are different kinds of dongles, but normally you have to turn it on, input your code, then hit the confirm button. Apparently the dongles work best on a USB 2 port, not USB 3.

2. What system are you using? If Win7, it's especially fussy with Chinese banking.

3. What browser are you using? You're supposed to use IE, but the latest versions of IE may not yet work. Try the 360 browser, which often seems to work when everything else has failed.

4. Have you installed any add-ons that are prompted on the screen?

As I hinted in your other thread, it can take hours of trial-and-error to get banking-by-dongle to work the first time.

1. tongle is plugged in, light goes on when i go to verifying. No code or anything, my usb tongle has 4 buttons only: c, up ,down, ok. Also no code to put in on the computer so far. When I use the "USB shield client tool" it doesnt show me anything when i click certificates, is that normal?

2. Win8

3. Using IE, just tried the 360 u sugessted, doest work either.

4. always clicked ok

thanks for all your help!!

Have you taken the steps mentioned here, in particular putting ICBC in Trusted Sites? (Forget about the Paypal stuff, of course.)

http://www.shanghaiexpat.com/phpbbforum/icbc-online-payment-t164447.html

Another possibility is that you didn't download the right USB driver; apparently ICBC has many different brands, each with a different driver.

(Using another bank, it took me three days of on-and-off fiddling to get USB banking and online payments working, with the 360 browser finally breaking the logjam; point is, this could take some time.)

well i downloaded the driver for "Tendyron" with serial numbers starting 70 and 71, but mine starts with 75. cant find drivers for 75 tho.

yes all trusted in IE. u mind looking at client tool if it shows u any certificates there when u connect the dongle? I feel like there should be something.

again, my boc account has some dongle that just shows a changing number, no usb. might be better to bankwire money there and try it?

ICBC's Chinese language site links to the same Tendyron driver, without any mention of serial numbers, so that's probably not the problem.

Here's the Chinese language page with the necessary security settings for IE:

http://www.icbc.com.cn/ICBC/%E5%B7%A5%E8%A1%8C%E5%AD%A6%E8%8B%91/%E7%83%AD%E7%82%B9%E8%81%9A%E7%84%A6/%E7%83%AD%E7%82%B9%E8%81%9A%E7%84%A6/%E4%B8%AA%E4%BA%BA%E7%BD%91%E4%B8%8A%E9%93%B6%E8%A1%8C%E6%8E%A7%E4%BB%B6%E5%AE%89%E8%A3%85%E6%8C%87%E5%8D%97.htm

When I plug the dongle in, it shows in Device Manager as a USB Input Device.

In any event, if you don't have the time to fiddle with this for a couple of days, then try BOC.

For me in device manager its "USB mass storage" (self translated, my system is not running in english).

Tried everyhing from the link as well, doesnt work :(.

Does this look the same for u?

post-63128-0-33008700-1447356721_thumb.png

i feel like there might be the problem, but im scared of clicking the clean button.

Don't hit "Clean"! Try "View" instead. (I'm not certain what "Clear" does, but keep in mind Chinese>English translations are sometimes not so clear.)

Yes, when I go the Certificate section, I do get all those details filled in.

One thing I did just notice: I can only access online banking with the dongle through my bank's Chinese site. Loading hangs when I try the English version of the site.

All other buttons are greyed, can only click the Clean Button... but yeh, that seems dangerous.

So how can I get those certificates in there now? Surely there is the problem. As said, in my online banking it tells me everything is alright, no need to update/download anything.

Those details only show for me when I am logged into online banking. If you can't log in, then I suspect that's why you can't see the details. I don't have a stand-alone client to run.

Did you try signing in on the 360 browser using ICBC's Chinese, not English, site? That's what made the difference for me, though with a different bank.

I can log in to online banking, even when the USB dongle is not connected. Tho when I turn VPN on it wants me to verify again. This verification also doesnt work.

Im pretty sure I had the same problem when I logged in the first time after reinstalling computer, but then after a while it just worked, for whatever reason. Since then I can always log on to online banking without dongle, just number and password, only when not using VPN though.

I tried 360, but as said, the problem is not logging in, its the payment processing. The payment procces is is in chinese already, so cant change anything to the better there either :(.

When I bankwire from ICBC to BOC it wants the same certificate thing :(.

Is there any like email support from them? its so annoying to use the phone service. If anyone has ideas how to get this USB dongle going, Im very happy to hear.

Also I can set a certain amount that I can pay without verification online, but even when I try making a payment below the number I set, it still wants to verify through the usb dongle.. Seems like I really need to get that working :(. Anyone knows what that clean Button from the Picture above does?