Chinese-Forums

Different version of <<平凡的世界>>

yedafu

Recently i have start reading the novel <<平凡的世界>> i have a hard copy witch i bought in china.i have already read about 7 chapters, but than i come across the audio version of the book. and also listen to that for about 5 chapters- but the problem is that i found the audio version a lot different from the written one. there is several parts on the audio that dont even appear on the written one...is anyone also came across this problem? Also I understand this book have 3 part but the one I have only book and no seperation.

the reason i'm asking is because the audio version is much more descriptive and interesting- and i want to know if i have some kind of edited book...another thins is that  i also compare the Internet version with the audio and it also didn't quit match..

i'm attaching the written one and the audio version for the ones of you who already read it so theye  could maybe tell me that audio version  fits to witch  version of the book.

here are the links:

AUDIO:http://www.ysx8.net/yousheng/down5939.html

WRITTEN:http://www.vipreading.com/novel-view-1222.html

thanks for the helpers...:)

There is another, better (IMHO) audiobook version of 平凡的世界 out there. It matches the text almost exactly. You might want to consider using that instead. I don't know where you can download it, I brought it as a set of 6 MP3 CDs. 

Here are the details:

Title:  平凡的世界 Pingfan de shijie (author: 路遥 Lu Yao)

Medium:  6 MP3-CDs

ISBN: 9787889170420

Publisher:  北京鸿达以太文化发展有限公司 (Homestar)

Date Of Publication:  2009

Length:  65 hours

http://www.chinabooks.ch/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=4475&osCsid=cq8r8sketd6p56d7qa1hf22ql4

Sadly, professionally recorded audiobooks that you can buy are becoming hard to find. You might not be able to buy it if it is out of print.

• Like 1

i encountered the same problem when i read this book. I only got through the first volume, which I enjoyed immensely.  it has been my favorite Chinese book so far -  i mean to read the rest of the trilogy but it's been so long I feel like i need to start over to refamiliarize myself with the characters and story. I think I didn't finish it because I had so fallen in love with the characters and was afraid (as with many Chinese novels) things were not going to turn out well for them!

I have been listening to the first few pages of that audio, and compared to the book it contains less material; some long paragraphs have been shortened, probably to make the audio a bit snappier; some inconsequential modifications have been made here and there in sentences, either to give a more "spoken" style, or to oral ambiguities.

So if your printed book contains even less material than the audio, then it contains much less than the unedited book indeed.