Chinese-Forums

3D Ancient Chinese Room... need historical guidence...

Chen Baiwan

Hello... I'm trying to create an Ancient Chinese room and perhaps eventually an ancient Chinese house using Blender. I'm not sure which dynasty I should base this project on so I'll need help.

At this moment I'm looking for the flooring the ancient Chinese used. I'm trying to make a "dining area" for a middle class family. What I will eventually want to know is what items would you find in such a house... what would be lying around. If I decide to add people I will want to know a general hair and facial hair style and clothing.

Could any of you help me (please)?

Thank you in advance...

Oh... and here's what I have so far... I hope the table and teapots are not too contemporary... I added a ray mirror to the table for a stained polished look...

chineseroom4os.th.jpg

I can provide you some references from Pre-Qin/Qin/Han dynasty-Three Kingdom Period. I think it's hard to find "middle-class" since it doesn't exist in ancient society. Here are some pictures from my Romance of Three Kingdoms comic books:

second.gif

the way of commoners' life; Liu Bei, Guan Yu, and Zhang Fei

third.gif

the party for officials and military officers.

fourth.gif

There is room divider behind them. Sword/sword holder on left side of the picture.

fifth.gif

Noble place.

sixth.gif

Scholar place (pretty between middle class and noble class)

Here are dynasty clothing apparels:

fushi1.png

fushi2.png

Alright... according to my mother... the Japanese sat on the floor while eating and the Chinese didn't (apperently they sat on stools or chairs... which is why I'm starting to find the sources slightly questionable... of course... my mother is no historian...

Anyway... what I REALLY need to find is sources on ancient Chinese furniture. Do you any of you know of any...

Alright... according to my mother... the Japanese sat on the floor while eating and the Chinese didn't (apperently they sat on stools or chairs... which is why I'm starting to find the sources slightly questionable... of course... my mother is no historian...

Anyway... what I REALLY need to find is sources on ancient Chinese furniture. Do you any of you know of any...

Take a look at this thread about "chair" ->

http://www.chinese-forums.com/index.php?/topic/1129-chair

Take a look at this thread about "chair" ->

http://www.chinese-forums.com/index.php?/topic/1129-chair

Excellent thread! Thank you very much for bringing it to my attention. I looked up other historical sources off of Google and they seem to agree with what this thread stated... only this thread went into much greater detail.

:mrgreen:

My mom was very suprised by this is well. I was suprised she didn't know about this... being born and raised in Malaysia in a Chinese family and going to a Chinese school. Of course... I don't think that classes on the daily lives of the ancients are very common.

Anyway... Thank you.

Does anyone else know of any other furniture you'd see in a Han or Three Kingdoms Period house of a middle or nobleclassman... Does anyone have any crticism of what I have so far?

chineseroom71ae.th.jpg[