Chinese-Forums

Help

Kimberley

In Hong Kong, there is a Kimberly Road and its Chinese name is 金巴利道.

You may consider -

金伯莉 (jīn bó lì) or

甘伯莉 (gān bó lì)

But please think twice before getting a tattoo.

I agree with what Skylee said about getting tattoo. You don't want Chinese and Japanese get confused by your tattoo.

金巴利 - Golden Awaiting Advantage

金伯莉 - Golden Chief Jasmine

甘伯莉 - Sweet Chief Jasmine

I found another chinese name for Kimberly

金伯莉 (jīn bō lì) - Golden Glass Jasmine

I remember seeing "連" tattoo on dude in elevator and wonder why he want to have "link" on his arm? Later I talked to friend about the same dude. He said oh, that guy is Lou or Louis. In my mind, I was like, oooh thats why he got that tattoo....

:mrgreen:

I agree with SkyLee and Peng about re-considering having the tatoo. English people would find it strange if you had your name tattooed on your back in English, so I guess it would appear equally strange for chinese people when they see your name in Chinese. Here is a site that shows some of the problems of having chinese tattoos. http://www.hanzismatter.com/

June 29, 2005

Recently, a picture of a very attractive young blond woman, wearing a tasteful tank top was distributied in my College chat room. The picture was framed nicely and the background scenary was selected attractively. However, the fly in the ointment was that the Chinese character "雞" was prominently and proudly displayed upon the young woman's chest. In Taiwan, the word "chicken" is used interchangeably with the word for "professional". So, if she should happen on the "wrong side of the tracks", she would be accosted with "various unsolicited proposals", indecent or otherwise.

For tattoos, I strongly urge "Caveat Emptor" for people who have not passed TOCFL. :-?

P5