Chinese-Forums

Information on Zhejiang University classes?

almondblight

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

right now I attend the summer course (length: 1 month) there (beginners). Four lessons / day (8.00 am - 11.30 am). Every day we make one lesson from the book. That means you have to learn cca 15 new words (+ how to write characters) and a lot of pinjyn a day. There are cca 20 students in class. The teacher is great. I must say I'm very satisfied.

If you have any other question just let me know I'll try to do my best to answer.

Regards,

Katka

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the information. Do you happen to know the dates for the Fall and Spring Language and Culture classes? I'll be heading over there in a few weeks, but it would be good if I knew in advance. Also, do you find most people using Mandarin or their local dialect?

Thanks.

Unfortunately I don't know about the dates for the fall and spring Language and Culture classes. Easy way for you to find out about that is to contact the office of International College Zhejiang University (Tel.: +86 - 571 - 87951718 or 87951717). There is a woman who speaks good English, so there should be no problem.

Our teacher told us the Chinese we study there is "pu tong hua" - standard Chinese - she said that "Mandarin" is an old version. But to tell you the true, I really don't know if most people here use "pu tong hua" or their local dialect - I know only one thing - even I know the right words and the pronunciation, I still have problem to make oneself understood and that's REALLY desperate most of the time trying hard talking to Chinese...

Wish you good luck.

Katka