Chinese-Forums

Another Question About Visa

syu.edu

Hello,

this is what i want:

1. I will arrive in Hong Kong.

2. I got an X-Visa for studying in the PRC.

3. I would like to visit China from Hong Kong, go back to Hong Kong and then enter China again with my X-Visa. The X-Visa is only for one entry, thats why i ask if i can get a tourist visa from hong kong for maybe 2 or 3 days or less. :)

You can get another tourist visa in Hong Kong , I believe there are agencies that can arrange that quite quickly (within 24 hours or less) . I did that several times. The strange thing is that when I got my visa through those agancies (in Kowloon) they had a Guangzhou stamp on them and not a Hong Kong one. It appear they ship them to Guangzhou and get them stamped there . Usually the visa is valid for 30 days but it depends on many factors like your nationality.

But that would mean you will be entering China again with an L visa and not an X visa . I think your school might be able to arrange some sort of a re-entry permit of your X visa provided you will still be studying with them when you re-enter . But I cannot see any advantage in it (except saving you the hassle of going to a travel agent in Hong Kong), the re-entry permit is expensive as far as I remember - but that was 5 years ago...Sorry.... :conf

hey, thanks a lot for your answer. the reason why i want to enter china once and then re-enter china again is the cost factor.

in hong kong, the appartement is around 30 euros a night. in shenzhen i found one for 10 euros a night. after some days in shenzhen i would need to go back to hong kong and then re-enter with my x-visa.

here are the dates like i thought i would enter and so on:

19.th july arriving in hong kong and then go to shenzhen for cheap living.

going back to hong kong on 25th july. do you think i could get a tourist visa very fast in hong kong? i thought i could get one in an hour or less.

thanks a lot for you help.

mmm...

I'm not sure I understand why you want to return to Hong Kong , you can have your visa extended in China (at least you could in Shanghai , 5 years ago . I don't know about now and about Shenzhen) . As far as I know you cannot get a visa within the hour , it would take at least a couple of hours , I think(you put it in the morning and pick it up in the afternoon). I sugggest you call a travel agent in Hong Kong. You can find 10$ accomodation in Hong Kong but its not very nice I suppose, food will be much cheaper in Shenzhen and so would transportation.

All the best

ok, i think i dont need the visa too fast anyway. maybe i will just sleep one night in hong kong.

do you know if i can apply for a tourist visa at the airport? or do you know of any good adresses in hong kong to obtain a tourist visa or maybe you know an internet adress?

and another question, the tourist visa would not interfere with my X-Visa, right?

If you want a visa while in HK you can catch a train to Lo Wu which is the border and get a visa at the office on the 2nd floor and then enter into Shenzhen. I,m not sure why you want to do it this way. Just get a tourist visa and the school that your working for will arrange your Z visa and all your work permits etc. As far as I know the Z visa is multi-entry.