Chinese-Forums

Where to buy a laptop? And with what configurations and the like?

Dan Bang

I'm going back to Europe for a few weeks in August, and I'm wondering whether it would be best to buy a laptop in Europe or in China...

What speaks in favour of Europe: I would feel more safe buying it in Europe, since I can carry out the deal in my native language, and buy the laptop from some one reliable when it comes to insurrance and other formalities. On the contrary, I feel that I might be able to buy a laptop at a cheaper price in China - does somebody have some knowledge on this price comparision-issue? However, my Chinese is still not very good, and that might partially be the reason why I always feel like there is something sneaky about it when I buy expensive things in China...

By the way, what should I be focused on if I buy a laptop in Denmark when it comes to insurance, warranty, operative system and the like? I plan to continue staying in China for a long, so I want to be prepared if anything happens to the laptop, and I want to use it as a part of my Chinese studies, so it need to function with the different programs and the like that I would use for such a purpose... Furthermore, is the anything that technically that you have to be aware of when you bring a laptop to China?

Thanks in advance!

On the contrary, I feel that I might be able to buy a laptop at a cheaper price in China - does somebody have some knowledge on this price comparision-issue?

There isn't one, unless by way of taxes, you end up paying slightly more because you'd be paying China's taxes, and then Euro taxes when you return with it.