Chinese-Forums

Chinese Dubs: How to Find?

sui.generis

Over the Winter Break, one the most effective things I did to improve my abombinable listening skills was watch chinese movies and American movies with Chinese dubs. I'm gonna be pretty busy with non-Chinese stuff when I get back, but one thing I'd like to do is find some source of chinese dubs, in mp3 or whatever format, so I can listen to them with movies I rent back home. Basically I'm taking Roddy's theory to heart, any study method that doesn't make you want to fall on your pencil... If I can keep studying some, maybe I can avoid the atrophy I've seen others pick up.

Does anyone know of any sources on the net of Chinese dialog files for American movies? I've tried googling for 汉语对白 and 汉语配音 along with movie titles but so far I haven't found anything like what I'm looking for. :help

Anyone have an opinion on how well done these dubbed translations are done? I've seen subs that are terrible, but generally, understand it or not, I wouldn't really know the difference between 'sounds right' and authentic.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Over the Winter Break' date=' one the most effective things I did to improve my abombinable listening skills was watch chinese movies and American movies with Chinese dubs. I'm gonna be pretty busy with non-Chinese stuff when I get back, but one thing I'd like to do is find some source of chinese dubs, in mp3 or whatever format, so I can listen to them with movies I rent back home. Basically I'm taking Roddy's theory to heart, any study method that doesn't make you want to fall on your pencil... If I can keep studying some, maybe I can avoid the atrophy I've seen others pick up.

Does anyone know of any sources on the net of Chinese dialog files for American movies? I've tried googling for 汉语对白 and 汉语配音 along with movie titles but so far I haven't found anything like what I'm looking for. :help

Anyone have an opinion on how well done these dubbed translations are done? I've seen subs that are terrible, but generally, understand it or not, I wouldn't really know the difference between 'sounds right' and authentic.

Thanks[/quote']

Juts keeping this thread alive. I agree 100% it's one of the best methods to learn languages in general - having to listen and to read at the same time.

I am also looking for such resources. I bought a couple of DVD's and VCD's from out Chinatown in Melbourne. The subtitles on VCD's are in Mandarin traditional and English (very small letters). I'de prefer simplified. I've got the movie - "The Emperor and the Assassin" (荆轲刺秦王 / 荊軻刺秦王) . On those VCD's one side is Cantonese, the other is Mandarin. I find them helpful, check in your Chinatown, if they have a shop. No need to look for a dubbed movie, get an original Chinese.