Chinese-Forums

What to do?

Xander

Hi,

I tried twice to send my application papers to the Beijing language and culture university, but they didn’t get my papers. I also suggested sending everything by fax (haven’t yet received an answer). I don’t know what to do now. I guess I have to options. Send my papers once more to BCLU, and other universities, even though the deadline was the 30th of June.

Or go to China, and find a university or privat school there. Do you guys have any experience with talking face to face with someone in the admission office, and being accepted to a program run by a university or private school?

Thank you in advance.

Hello!

My advise is to re-send all your paperwork via registered mail that requires somebody to sign it. Try and try calling them again...patience is the name of the game.

At worst, go to China on a tourist visa and show up in person with all your copies proving that you registered in time and put in good faith. Say, they deny your paperwork and say they never got it...you will have a back up.

I highly suggest you then go in person to EducAsian and negotiate a price for an apartment, classes at a private universtiy and tutor. I would suggest you pay no more than $700 dollars at most for a 6-10 week course!

Make sure you first get a tourist visa and extend it there once your 30 day visa is almost up (5 days prior with passport pictures and an application filled out that you can get at the police station).

Good luck!

Sylvia