Chinese-Forums

Need help with my mom

Nudetypist

對於被轟為兒子棄養三隻愛貓,Aimee昨主動澄清絕無此意,自言目前還在母乳餵哺,故不能服用抗敏藥:「啲藥我食咗6年,亦都唔介意食,領養番嚟都覺得同小朋友一樣要尊重、係一生一世,我同朋友都有共識,BB戒人奶後會帶啲貓返屋企,希望大家唔會繼續誤會落去。」她坦言間中有探望愛貓,希望日後能介紹牠們給囝囝認識

Yep your interpretation is correct. She also specifies that she has an agreement with her friend(s) that when her kid is done breastfeeding, the cats are coming back to the house.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't have any solutions. I can only add my own story to the thread.  My mother also believed that cats should not be around babies.  She believed that cats sucked the breath out of babies.  Supposedly, they smell milk on a baby's breath, and try to help themselves to a snack.  None of it made sense to me. Families with both infants and cats can be found everywhere.  Not once has there been a story in the newspaper about a baby being murdered by a hungry, breath-stealing cat.  But I wouldn't have dared to point that out to my mom.  Not without starting an argument.  Some people are not teachable.  Ya gotta love 'em as they are. :roll: