Chinese-Forums

will be attending BLCU: processing X visa?

etcetera24

Lol...thanks! :)

I felt relieved momentarily...

But, for some reason now, that site just took down that paragraph from their main page today! :conf

And now when you go to their visa section:

Students studying in China for less than 6 months require an F visa. The F visa is valid for a stay in China of 3-6 months from your date of entry. Your F visa can be renewed several times, but your total time staying in China should not exceed one year. The F visa allows for one entry into China. If you wish to leave and re-enter China (including trips to Hong Kong and Macau) during your period of study, you must apply for a new visa. This new visa completely replaces your previous visa; so you should check your new visa for the validity period.

X Visa & Renewal

Students studying in China for more than 6 months require an X visa, as well as a physical examination. Students holding an X visa and wishing to leave and re-enter China (including trips to Hong Kong and Macau) during their studies, must apply for a re-entry visa at the Public Security Bureau at least 7 days before departure. A one-entry visa costs between RMB100-200 depending upon your country of origin.

Here we go back with the "F-visa only" BS...WTF? :(

Incidentally, I had emailed them last night showing them that excerpt from that site to affirm that I should be permitted enrollment with an L...but now all of a sudden today's it's been changed. WTF-visa?

Ok, here's another vague reference that leans the other way again:

1.Those who plan to study at BLCU for more than one year (including one year) are to apply for an “X” visa. Those who plan to study at BLCU for less than half a year (including half a year) are to apply for an “X” or “F” visa.

f. Those with “L” or “F” visa need to present the Admission Notice, JW201or JW202, and the official letter issued by BLCU indicating your study period.

So, first it claims that those studying half a year or less need an X or F visa.

But then it talks about students with an L visa...implying that you can still be a student with an L visa.

Now, here again on another secondary site for general study in China:

When program fees are paid and program enrollment is completed, and once you receive the visa support documents (Invitation Letter or JW202 Form), you are required to go and obtain your visa to enter China at your nearest Chinese Embassy or Consulate in your home country.

L Visa - For students studying in China for 4 weeks (30 day stay)

• F Visa - For students studying in China for less than 6 months

• X Visa - For students studying in China for more than 6 months.

Of course, there's no telling how up-to-date or applicable to BLCU that is...

Well, maybe an L-visa is sufficient for a 4-week course, provided you keep your JW202 with you? Or, maybe not. Damn, I sure hope these guys get back to me soon. I'd kinda like to know before I head over there... :(

Lol, I think I'm driving myself nuts here...but maybe there's still hope...

But, for some reason now, that site just took down that paragraph from their main page today!
Well, it's not on their main page anymore but apparently is still there under "Registration":
L Visa - For students studying in China for 4 weeks (30 day stay)

• F Visa - For students studying in China for less than 6 months

• X Visa - For students studying in China for more than 6 months.

Students applying for an X visa will also require a physical examination.

Stop worrying about it. It'll be fine. If it isn't fine, it'll get sorted out very quickly. If it doesn't get sorted out very quickly you'll have some great stories to tell.

You might want to write that down or have it put on a t-shirt.