Chinese-Forums

Information About Chinese-English Translation Programs (in China)

Miles1011

• New Members

I want to pursue a Master's degree in translation, interpreting, or both (between English and Chinese). There are probably disagreements about whether it's better to do one of these programs in the States (where I live) or in China. However, I'm definitely planning to do a Master's program at a Chinese university, so please refrain from trying to convince me to stay in the U.S. for my degree if that's what you think is best lol. No rudeness intended; I just want my specific question answered.

Anyway, I'm having trouble finding a lot of information about translation programs at Chinese universities save for very brief descriptions on some university websites (Peking University's website devotes about a paragraph to their program). So I'm wondering if you guys have any links or personal anecdotes that can help me choose a program. 

Preferably, I would like to participate in a program for which I could receive the Chinese Government Scholarship, but I'm not being too picky about it. I know Peking University and BLCU have translation programs, but like I said, I know little about them. Any info you could give me would be much appreciated!

Thanks again!