Chinese-Forums

Liaoning tuition fees

fenlan

I just had a look at studying in China website and looked at the 3 Liaoning websites and their fees. This is what I found out -

Cheapest was Shenyang University of Technology, tuition fee $1480 a year, accommodation in shared room $2 a day, single room $5 a day.

Next was Liaoning University, tuition fee $1500 a year, accommodation in ordinary shared room $3 a day, no price given for single room.

Most expensive was North East University, tuition fee RMB 15,000, which is about $1800. Accommodation RMB25 in shared room, RMB40 in single room, equivlaent to $3 and $5 a day.

Has anyone been to any of these universities? They are much cheaper than universities in Beijing!

Next was

I spent three months in Dalian university of Technology, and quite enjoyed it, even though it was the winter. I also heard good things about the foreign language university in Dalian, locally known as 大外.

I have not been to Shenyang, but plan to, and have yet to decide on a university there. Can you give me a link to North East Universities page? I found their site most difficult to navigate.

As for costs, by far the most expensive thing about my journey was the airfare - the tuition and living costs were small in comparison.

CAn you say more about the Dalian University of Foreign Languages? (http://www.dlscs.com/english/tesejiaoxue2.htm) The North East University info is at http://www.neu.edu.cn/waishi/lhlxview.asp?id=1. Yes, it is well hidden away on the site. This is what it says:

[No need to quote entire webpages. Just visit the link. Roddy]

I posted some about my experience at Liaoning University in another thread. I didn't pay my tuition personally, but I seem to remember it working out to about 500 kuai a month, which seems too cheap. Then again, my boss had some connection with the school...

As for housing, apartments in Shenyang are very cheap, and would provide you with a lot more freedom than the dorms. It that's what you're after, and you can work it out, I would recommend getting your own place.

While I was living in Shenyang, I heard lots of good things about Dongbei (Northeast), but I never knew anyone who went there personally. It's considered to be the best school in Shenyang.

Dawai (Dalian University of Foreign Languages) is very popular, has tons of foreign students (mostly Korean, Russian, and Japanese in that order, from what I could tell). Though I never went there, a lot of my friends did, and I know they had a lot of fun. I also know someone who goes to Dalian Normal, which is supposed to be good, though it has a less diverse student body and is much less centrally located. I don't know anything about prices for the Dalian schools.

If you have any questions about Shenyang or Dalian, I lived in both cities for over a year, so I may be able to answer them or find someone who can. I Hope this helps. Good luck.

Attaching a spreadsheet of contact and fees information for universities in the north-east emailed to me by fenlan. Will be very useful for anyone interested in studying in the region, so thanks to fenlan.

Roddy