Chinese-Forums

Time Required for FEC Foreign Expert Certificate Cancellation and Re-application

augurd

It's mid-May, and my work visa expires on June 30th.

I asked for the foreign expert certificate to be cancelled, so I can start the visa process with the new employer, but they say they don't start until about one month before expiry (June 1st).

The deadline for visa renewal is one week before expiry (June 23rd). So, even if they DO start June 1st, and it ONLY takes 5 business days, that only gives my new employer 10 business days to receive the documents, apply for the new FEC, and apply for the new visa.  This is not including any time required for the postal services.

Is there something I'm missing?  Or any resources online that might explain that the FEC cancellation process should be done more than just one month before expiry?  I've looked for hours, but can't find anything.

Thanks!

@vellocet

Thank you very much for your reply...actually, the contract doesn't start until September, BUT, we might be able to negotiate a summer camp deal...so, that might come into play.

In the meantime, I'm still looking into some way I can convince the employer that this must be done ASAP, but I can't find any sort of requirement on when they have to cancel the FEC.  One person did say it had to be done "within 30 days of the work visa expiry", but that doesn't make any sense if somebody wants to start working for another employer right away.

Is the company saying that?  They're talking out their ass.  Call the government office responsible and ask them directly.  Don't bother with the internet on these questions. 

• Like 1

...why didn't I think of that??

I'll post how it works out.

( Actually, it wasn't the employer that made that comment, it was another person online...like you said, if you want the right answers, call the office in charge directly. )

Thanks, really.